So. A quick update:
- We just got back from a visit to family. So, you know, laundry. You know the rule of travel, right? Leave with one small suitcase each. Return with fourteen loads of laundry and no socks.
- We don’t really have access to our laundry room right now because a guy whose name I have asked three times but still can’t remember, so I just say “Hiiiii!” very casual-like when I see him, which is ALL THE TIME – he is welding something in our kitchen. The kitchen leads to the laundry room because domesticity is strong in this house. So it’s very awkward AND semi-dangerous to go in there. #alliwantforchristmasissocks
- The Welding Guy is also accompanied by: Scott the contractor, two plumbers (unnamed variety but also very nice), loud noises, the dust of a million dusty things, dust that seeks revenge, dust that is like that one ex that just keeps showing years later with absolutely no clue how to read the room and stay away, dust that has paw-prints in it, a coffeepot that now makes coffee with dust, and a partridge in a pear tree.
- The Christmas Spirit is sort of dusty.
- I can’t find the: tape, scissors, my sanity, wrapping paper (it’s upstairs behind all the dusty things we moved upstairs from downstairs because kitchen), and the Christmas gifts I made SURE to buy early because I knew this would be stressful. I put them in a safe place. As is the way.
- I am still very grateful the remodel is happening. I promise. I am not looking a dusty gift horse in the mouth.
- I just seventeen dollars worth of Reese’s because stockings, and that is really all we need. Chocolate and the love of family. God bless us, everyone.
I hope your Christmas is merry and bright and full of love and chocolate also. I am so very grateful for you, my readers. We are blessed to have a warm home, a healthy family, and a roaring sense of humor. May you be blessed as well.
Leave a Reply